Hope Chest Guidelines
Note that Bridal Veil Dreams reserves the right to reject or take down any ad that is not consistent with the spirit of the law or the policies at Bridal Veil Dreams. Please review these guidelines and make sure any transactions you conduct are fully compliant.
The Classifieds are designed as a marketplace for individual users to sell wedding-related products. This service is are not to be used as a marketplace for vendors like photographers, caterers, wedding planners, videographers, makeup artists, event designers, venues, DJs/musicians, and transportation companies. If you want to advertise your professional service on Bridal Veil Dreams, please find our Advertisement page under About Us.
Bridal Veil Dreams does not screen or control users who may sell or buy on Classifieds, and it does not review or authenticate anything offered for sale. Therefore, service users should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers assume sole responsibility for negotiating the purchase, sale, and exchange of goods.
- It is not incumbent on Bridal Veil Dreams to resolve disputes between sellers and buyers.
- Sellers and buyers must research and comply with any applicable laws related to transactions in which they participate.
- It the responsibility of sellers and buyers to cover all applicable taxes and costs incurred by participating in the Hope Chest.
Classifieds users agree not to:
- use this service for fraudulent activities or purposes.
- misrepresent an item that a user is selling in any way.
- Modify, copy, or distribute another other person’s content without their consent.
- solicit bank account information.
- collect other users’ information without their consent.
- spam Bridal Veil Dreams’s system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on Bridal Veil Dreams’s system.
- post any material on the Classifieds that contains harmful computer programming routines like viruses, trojan horses, and worms.
- solicit Bridal Veil Dreams users to post ads on other classifieds sites.
Hope Chest users are only allowed to post product-specific listings. No listing may attempt to sell services. Listings must not contain opinions and/or promotions for events, nor can it be general in nature.
The seller and the buyer must ensure that the items listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. THE SELLER MAY NOT CREATE POSTINGS FOR AND/OR SELL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Any item that was the subject of a product recall by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, another government agency, or a product manufacturer.
- Any item that violates any U. S. export law or regulation.
- Event tickets sold at prices that violate laws or regulations of the event venue.
- Any item or service that is obscene, adult oriented, or harmful to minors.
- Any item infringing the rights of a third party, including violations of copyright, trademark, publicity, or privacy rights.
- Any item that is stolen or counterfeit.
- Any item promoting or directly associated with groups known principally for hateful or violent positions and acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan.
- Any animal items or animals that are subject to regulations or laws that protect live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals.
- Gambling items of any sort.
- Individual contracts, services, and non-transferable items.
- Non-packaged food or beverage items sold in a manner that is non-compliant with government regulations.
- Any used goods inappropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons.
- Any other item or service which Bridal Veil Dreams determines, at its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through its services.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
In producing your own listing content, you cannot “borrow” any text or images from other users’ listings, a manufacturer’s web site, product catalogs, or other sources without explicit permission from the owner. Images and text discovered on the Internet are not necessarily unprotected by copyright laws. Manufacturers or other copyright owners may object to the use of text or images that they own or have created and posted online. Your posting should have its own descriptive text and photos.
Do not post content in a listing that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes content infringing on intellectual property rights, such as copyright or trademark. Bridal Veil Dreams reserves the right to reject or remove any content that we suspect is in violation of these terms, our policies, or of any party’s rights.
Prohibited spam and marketing activities on the Classifieds include the following:
- Posting an ad that is not related to the category where it was placed.
- Posting identical ads in the same location and category.
- Posting an ad containing inappropriate links, descriptions, titles, or other unauthorized use of content to which a poster does not possess the rights.
- Posting an ad whose sole purpose is to collect user information or raise money.
- Posting an ad containing unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials.
- Posting an ad requiring a user to register before getting detailed information about the available product or position.
- Posting an ad through unauthorized robots like crawling software.
- Soliciting a Bridal Veil Dreams user to post ads on another classifieds site.
FEES AND SERVICES
The Classifieds are free to use.
You may pay a fee to list your ad as a featured ad. Once your ad is published on the Classifieds, your ad fee is non-refundable.
BRIDAL VEIL DREAMS DISCLAIMER
In using the Bridal Veil Dreams Classifieds, you agree not to hold Bridal Veil Dreams responsible for any user-to-user interactions. We cannot guarantee any items that are being sold, nor can we mediate issues regarding quality, legality, non-payment, etc. Bridal Veil Dreams is not liable for any loss, including money or items being exchanged.
Bridal Veil Dreams’ RIGHT TO TERMINATE
Bridal Veil Dreams reserves the right to change or modify these Guidelines at any time without notice.
UPDATED: September 18, 2013